blog counter

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Liberty

There was a giant decapitated statue of liberty head outside of the office today. It's a promotion for the movie cloverfield. I haven't seen this movie and I don't know anything about it, but nevertheless Scott and I had to take pictures in front of it, because how often does a giant statue of liberty head appear outside of the office?? It's pretty awesome looking and my immediate thought was that it was someone's job to make this thing. That job is way more fun than mine.  

My job does have its perks, though. Last night we had a team meeting/dinner at a mansion in Pasedena. Turns out it was murder mystery dinner! I have been wanting to go to one of those ever since I saw the Saved By the Bell episode about one.  It was really funny. Then about ten of us went to a Hollywood club called Les Deux, where we would never, ever, be cool enough to get in . But that's what corporate social budgets are for, right? The place was filled with rock bands, a couple of basketball players, some dude from The Real World, an X-games star, and various other extremely attractive people that maybe you would recognize if you watched E (I didn't recognize anyone). The coolest part of the club was the translucent tent-like structure with trees, a fountain, two giant gothic chandeliers, and a movie projector. I don't do a very good job making it sound cool, do I? Well, it was. And a lot of fun too!

1 comment:

The Evil Spatula said...

first, i do believe that the translucent tent-like structure was actually just a clear tent.

second, it's really disturbing that in the last photo you happen to be standing right in front of the statue's lips, it's like it's just chowing down on you, esp. with that expression.