
Did I tell you about the chili here? These people eat chili ALL THE TIME. There are chili places everywhere, and they are always packed. It’s like their soma. The chili is most commonly served on pasta with onions and/or beans and, most importantly, a stack of cheese that covers everything entirely. The ratio of shredded cheese to the rest of the food is 3:1. Another option is a hot dog smothered in chili, and covered in the signature mountain of shredded cheese. At the baseball game, they advertised these like crazy. These people have no interest in traditional hot dogs at a baseball game. They had a video that played for like 30minutes, with eerily direct advertising lines played over and over. “YOU WANT A SKYLINE CONEY”, “IT’S SKYLINE TIME!”, etc. They also had a song that they played on the jumbotron, sing a long style, in between innings, and everyone knew the words (all about chilli). I tried it on Monday and had been craving it ever since I saw all of those ads at the game Tuesday night.


No comments:
Post a Comment