More lillypads. I think my favorite part of the day was the architecture of the building - doesn't it add so much to the scenes? The natural light that comes in is really nice, especially because the day I went was really sunny. All of that cloudy glass looks really great with the white structure I think... very different than the dark skyscraper glass and steel I am used to seeing everyday. I don't think it is particularly unique building because one of the signs I read said that it was originally ordered as a kit. But this is the first conservatory I have seen so I was impressed anyway.
See what I mean about the light? It looks neat when it shines on the mist in the air.

I find this plant disturbing. There were other ones I found that made me more uncomfortable. I took some pictures but I am not going to post them because they are gross. Itsn't it weird how the attractive or unattractiveness of the objects around us can affect our moods? Looking at some of the ugly plant pictures causes a physical reaction - a frown or grimace. Research has shown that making faces affects your emotional state (I think I read about that in Malcolm Gladwell's Blink). So it is no mystery why I don't like looking at gross flower pictures and wouldn't want you to either.



No comments:
Post a Comment