blog counter

Friday, February 10, 2006

Photoshop and a WACOM tablet

Magazine Cover:


My Photoshop painting of it:



Wow! This is really fun. If you ever get the chance to use a wacom tablet I highly recommend trying it out. In photoshop you can do lots of crazy stuff - like make your brush stroke proportional to the amount of pressure you apply, or the opacity, color, etc proportional to pressure. You can also flip the pen around and use the back like an eraser in some modes, but I haven't tried that yet. It's a lot more fun to paint with CNTRL+Z - you can just keep trying until you get it right. I made this snake by putting a magazine cover on the tablet and "painting" over it. So great!

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, wacom tablets look like this:

http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/images/600x500_9x12.jpg

No comments: