blog counter

Thursday, February 09, 2006


You tell me. I really think the no glasses is much better. Everyone agrees that I shouldn't wearing them a few blocks west of here (Champaign), but what about in general?

I think the glasses just look too emo for me. I dunno. Maybe if I got some classier ones - perhaps the nearly invisible kind? - they would look better. I find these to be too 2000-ish. Kyle says they're hot. Nate says they make me look smarter. Even Spritz said something about how they "actually don't look bad". With the positive feedback, you'd think I'd want to wear them more.

They make me feel childish though. Maybe it's because I bought them when I starting dating Fitz - a time full of many regrets, childish emotions, and bad judgement. Before I got contacts, I wore glasses for a year or so, in junior high. I have about 3 memories total of the whole 2 years of junior high, so that leads believe it was a highly embarrassing, awkard and forgettable time.

In conclusion, all signs point to a high correlation between bad experiences and the wearing of glasses. I think that's where my aversion to them originates.

On another note, please forgive the sassy/mean look in the top photo. It really freaks me out, too. Also, I photoshopped that picture a lot. I was reading a thread about photoshopping and my arm looked all sickly and weird and I just couldn't help myself... and then I just couldn't stop. So that's not really me, but those are my glasses! Posted by Picasa

No comments: