blog counter

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Valentine's Weekend - Ethiopian Food!

After wine & cheese at the Tivoli we went to an Ethiopian restaurant called Waziema that was absolutely delicious! We had great food all weekend - On Thursday Kyle and I went out for a romantic dinner at Nopa where I a wonderful lamb shank with polenta and he had a suprisingly tasty pasta dish with bacon and cheese (much classier than the dishes I make with bacon and cheese!). On Sunday we had a mediterranean feast in the castro - we met up with one of dank's friends and so had enough people to order two sampler feasts - a breakfast one and a dinner one. Out table was tessellated with dishes of things to try. I really liked the Dolmah, the Baba ganoush, and the pomegranate-marinated chicken :)

Here are some pictures from the Ethiopian restaurant. There was no silverware here - everything was to be eaten using this yummy, rubbery bread. We didn't hesitate to play with our food.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: