blog counter

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Valentine's Weekend - Summary

This past week I flew to San Francisco to visit Kyle for Valentine's day. When he arrived at the airport to pick me up he greeted me with hugs and kisses.... and flowers!! It was the first time he has ever given me flowers. I was so happy! He thinks they're goofy (and he's mostly right), but he got them for me anyway because he knew I'd smile :). But that wasn't my only suprise - there were many!! The next one was that he got a us a room at a hotel so we wouldn't have to sleep on dank's futon every night. So I figured we'd be staying at the closest hotel chain... but no! He drove me to a beautiful bed & breakfast MANSION! I was so excited that I was skipping down the sidewalk! We checked in and then headed onto the next suprise... some kind of event at the randall museum!?? I didn't know what to think, but then the lecture started and we learned that topic of discussion was ANIMAL SEX. It was quite funny, and the best part was that it was given by a horny old zoologist (furry?) who kept talking about how she didn't get any and how GREAT (or disappointing) she found the various male animals' genitals. It was entertainingly awkward. I don't think this would fly on most Valentine's dates, but Kyle knows me and how I like weird stuff and we had a blast! We also went (with Dank) to a comedy show called mortified that was soooo good. The comedians are just regular people reading their old angsty diaries from grade school and high school. I'm sure they get a lot of submissions/auditions, because the people who actually made it on stage were incredible. For example, there was a girl reading her diary from when she was 13. She wrote about smoking crack and doin' spics (that is the word she used when she was 13 :-o) like a normal 8th grader writes about going to the movies. And there was a gay guy who read from his journal from before he realized he was gay... he had written a list of things he liked: "The joy I get from dancing", "Wrapping presents", "Warm breezes on a Spring day", "Cooking pies with Mom" etc. Lol. Everyone is just so funny because they have all changed so much and they can laugh at themselves in retrospection. Anyway... the weekend was a blast and I can't wait to visit again, and especially move there! I have more pictures to post but they will have to wait!



We also went to a karaoke bar called The Mint. Kyle and Dank did a terrible rendition of a Toadies song... too much booze and too poor of a sound system lol! I tried my best at an Alanis song and some people sang along!


I'm not sure why dank made this face in public, but I'm glad I caught it on camera.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: