blog counter

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th



I was in Waterloo for the 4th this year so I went to the annual party at the Glessner's clubhouse. Tyler brought his jetski so we played with that on the lake for a while. We also played some euchre but I think my friends were annoyed by how many times I got distracted and forgot whose turn it was or what was trump... also I was really enthusiastic about the win or loss of each trick, which I guess is not cool around here. Of course we had a lot of bbq and desserts, and we also watched a delightful homemade fireworks show over the lake. People were driving me crazy by doing that thing where you light a bottle rocket and then throw it, spinning, into the air. When the fuse ends, the rocket will fly in whatever direction it is pointing (which could easily be at someone's eye if you mess up the toss). They were also launching roman candles from their hands with the reverse end pointing right at their bodies. You know how sometimes they come out the wrong end, right? I must not be the only one who thinks that is dangerous. My advice: hold them out to the side so that the end is pointing at the ground instead of at one's body. Simple!

No comments: